Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Is this better?

• Please log in to reply

eteyosone

eteyosone

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I have a presario SR1803WM and i think the motherboard is bad because it only turns on 1 out of 100 times since i bought a new power source....

So i was thinking about buying a new motherboard also i dont need anything to fancy but is this better than whats in my computer now?
http://www.bestbuy.c...d=1218112690301

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
If the problem only started when you replace the PSU then I'd argue it's faulty and you should send it back. Buying a new board isn't going to solve the boot problem if the boot problem is caused by the power supply.

eteyosone

eteyosone

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Well the reasons i want a new mother board is just to have a little better upgrade and the biggest reason is when the old power supply when out, when i say "out" I mean it blew up! shots sparks out and I was thinking that could have damaged the mother board possibly?