Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Trouble printing

• Please log in to reply

urbrojr

urbrojr

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
I have Microsoft Works and I use one the template forms for envelopes and forms for other purposes. When doing a preview of filled in form everything is there including all lines and form details. I have used this for years on my old machine but now with the new machine (still XP} when I finally print the form out the outline of the form are absent. All info that I typed in is there however. I have never used Works for anything other than a few minor forms such as FAX cover sheets and never a problem. The printer appears to pick up all of the typed in material but it is not getting the form layout itself. It may be something simple that I am not seeing but hopefully someone else may have a suggestion. Thanks in advance for any help...URBROJR

Advertisements

urbrojr

urbrojr

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
To anyone visiting here. I finally figured out the problem. I got to Microsoft's help (somehow). I read through a ton of stuff only to find
out I had made the some columns in the form too wide and just by tweaking them less than 1/2 inch I solved the problem. I am posting this for anyone who might someday have a similar problem. Thanks to those who provide this site....URBROJR

urbrojr

urbrojr

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
More update on my original problem. I mentioned I had narrowed a column to make the form narrower and it printed. What I had failed to do was to click "print setup" and to adjust the margins there. After a good nite sleep I did that and it solved the entire problem. I bought my first computer 10 years ago and I guess I should have learned stuff like that before. OH Well...Maybe somebody else here will learn from my dumb mistakes......Thanks to everyone.....URBROJR

Wander

Wander

• PipPipPip
  • 205 posts
Thank you for posting your solution for future people to see.

:)