Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Please help! Desktop bleeds through current program

• Please log in to reply

Deb_B

Deb_B

• Pip
  • 3 posts
When I am running any program and need to go to the Desktop, I click the "Show Desktop" shortcut to the right of the Start button.

Periodically (at least once every few days lately), the Desktop display "bleeds" through the current program I'm running. (See picture) The machine is not hung. I can still launch other applications by clicking a task bar shortcut, but the Desktop itself doesn't respond to anything. The only thing that returns the desktop to the proper display is a restart the computer. This just started happening a couple of months ago. When it first occurred, I immediately ran virus scan on my hard drive, which was 'clean'.

Configuration and usage:
- Lenovo T61P laptop; Windows XP OS
- docking station at home; once a week I un-dock the laptop through the menus and bring it to work
- Usually don't shut down the computer. Instead, I close the cover and it automatically "sleeps".

Can anyone tell me why this is happening (does it have to do with my usage habits above) and/or how I can fix it?

I attached a picture of the problem. If you can't see it well, it can also be seen at this URL:
http://s596.photobuc...t=xpdisplay.jpg

Thanks for any help you can provide!
Deb

Attached Thumbnails

• desktop.jpg

Advertisements

Deb_B

Deb_B

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
*bump*

can anyone help me? This is really frustrating. :)

Deb_B

Deb_B

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
bump. trying again, in case anyone new is reading this forum.