Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Installing WinXP serious problem

• Please log in to reply

empush

empush

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hello there,

I'm having a huge problem with my computer, it got infected with a virus that left me with no other choice then installing a new clean version of my windows but every time I try to boot with a windows cd (I've tried WinXP and Vista with several different versions!) it gives me the same error even before the whole installation proccess.

It gives this blue error screen which says: "Check for viruses on your computer... Remove any newly installed hard drives controllers. check your hard drive to make sure it is properly configured and terminated. Run CHKDSK /F ..."
And it gives me some tech info:
"STOP: ... " and some addresses afterwards.

I tried to delete all the partitions with a bootable partitions software and still - the same error each and every time.

Any ideas guys?
Should I try to format the Hardisk with a bootable software? and if I should, which software do you recommend me on?

I'm really starting to lose hope on this one... :/

Thank you so much in advance,
John.

Advertisements

diabillic

diabillic

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,370 posts
Those addresses afterwords would be helpful.

empush

empush

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Ohh sorry, here it is then:

Attached Thumbnails

• ohad_ya_homo.jpg