Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Need drivers for a dell d400 laptop

• Please log in to reply

Steve DeVore

Steve DeVore

• PipPipPip
  • 140 posts
I've managed to reinstall windows xp home edition on my daughters d400 laptop, but now I need the wireless, video and audio drivers for the machine. I went to dell support and all of the drivers are listed on the site. However they have something call dell download manager that does not seem to work. Can someone suggest a site that I may be able to use to download the appropriate drivers.

Advertisements

diabillic

diabillic

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,370 posts
I would try to use Unknown Device Identifier. Post a screenshot of it and well see what you need.

Steve DeVore

Steve DeVore

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts
Screen shot

Attached Thumbnails

• screenshot.jpg
  • screenshot.jpg

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
Clear your browser's history and cookies. Go back to the driver pager HERE, then try to download whatever driver you need.

When this window comes up, make sure to choose the red circled choice. Then you'll be able to download the file.

diabillic

diabillic

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,370 posts
Scroll down the list and show me everything else as well. It should say [Unknown Device] in there somewhere.

Steve DeVore

Steve DeVore

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts
Thanks so much for the help. I've been able to install all of the drivers back to the system :)

diabillic

diabillic

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,370 posts
:)