Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Antivirus pro 2010

• Please log in to reply

lynda03

lynda03

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
Hello there,
I am baffled. I ran all the programs in recomended before posting. Problems the MALADWARE program will not work. Neither does the avg program I already had installed. I removed both of them and reinstalled them with no luck.
I then dl Avast, it will not complete a scan either. I get an error message on both Maladware and avast saying there is a corupt and or missing file and scan cant not be finished. With AVG the resident feild is not active and I have no idea Why. I keep getting pop ups, I also get a screen that pops up telling me that the page I am visiting is not safe, and that I should get an anti virus program or I have an option to continue surfing unprotected. When I chose to stay on the webpage it will not let me go back. ( I was visitng the this site when it happened) I did the best I could running the suggested programs. If I could I did.

I know its a mess please help :)

Thanks in advance,
Lynda

I jst tried to run the OTL.EXE and I get another error message saying that "Windows can not access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permission to access the item" I am logged on as administator.

Advertisements

lynda03

lynda03

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
Well when I got up this morning I turned on my pc and could not access anything. Could not even 1 single program to work including ie. So I did a systems recovery. I did however save everything to back up files. So my question now is do I still need to go in and remove the corrupted files from the back up? Is it possible for them to emerge back into my system?

Thanks again,
Lynda