Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

WinXP shutdown by NT authority System error code 1073741482

• Please log in to reply

paul714

paul714

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi! I am having hard time to log on my system . The system shutdown every time i get log on menu.
Try to use Spybot and anti-Malware , but they crash.

The messege shows on screen
NT Authority system
C:\windows\system32\services.exe terminated
unexpectedly with status code -1073741482 system will now shut down
<timer 60sec>

Please help. Thanks!

Advertisements

n3ko

n3ko

• PipPipPip
  • 143 posts
Sounds like a rootkit to me... :)

Can you restore to a point when you didn't have this problem? May be the easiest thing to do.

If not, do this:
1) Take the problem computer off the internet connection (unplug your LAN or turn off your wireless)
2) Go to Start
3) Click Run
4) Type shutdown /a (note the space between "shutdown" and "/")
5) Hit Enter

Now go straight to the Virus, Spyware and Trojan Removal Forum.

Start at the Malware and Spyware Cleaning Guide. Do everything you can on this thread and post the logs they request at the end, after you're done. If the scans find nothing, let them know that as well.

If you can't complete any of these for whatever reason, start a new post in that forum and title it something like "Possible Kernel Level Rootkit" (use a title like this for your post if you do complete everything as well, it will be important). Link to this thread, tell them what you said here, and let them know what you could not complete and why (wouldn't run..., error message..., etc).

Good luck! :)

Edited by n3ko, 21 September 2009 - 02:51 PM.