Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows 7 Release Party!

• Please log in to reply

Ferrari

Ferrari

PC SURGEON

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,939 posts
Hi all,

So a buddy of mine sent me an email (not sure why I didn't get one) that most of you that are testing Windows 7 should of got. It was a chance to apply for being a host for a Windows 7 Release Party anywhere from Oct. 22nd - 29th.

I was selected to be a host!!! The best part of being a host is that you get a complimentary signature edition of Windows 7 Ultimate! It comes in the "party package" that they are shipping to my house. I have no idea what else is in the package, and I have not googled yet to see if anyone else knows... seems unknown thus far. But it is supposed to contain party favors and gifts apparently.

Anyway, I wanted to share the excitement with all of you and if any of you have any info on these parties that would be great.

I think just about anyone could of applied and got accepted as a host, but it says there is limited amount. It's really cool I think.

J.R. :)

EDIT: Here is a link to my Party Page... http://houseparty.com/party/185123

Edited by Ferrari, 22 September 2009 - 12:08 AM.

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
*dsenette mails various undesirable packages to Ferrari's house

zorba the geek

zorba the geek

• PipPipPip
  • 758 posts
Yea,and the surprise entertainment at your party

will be

Bill Gates

dressed as

a

Clown :)

That,and the various undesirable packages donated by dsenette,should garantie a great party

Enjoy :)

Edited by zorba the geek, 22 September 2009 - 10:31 AM.

Ferrari

Ferrari

PC SURGEON

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,939 posts
I just hope it doesn't blue screen on me when I demonstrate it!!!

I've been thinking about hitting up a local college or two and asking their "computer professors" if they wouldn't mind invited some of their students and their reward be extra credit of some sort.

I fix and put together used systems and sell them on Craigslist, so I'm going to include my contact information in the ads if they are interested in seeing the New Windows 7, something like that...

A friend of mine, which is extremely knowledgeable with computers (35 years experience) has some pretty important business associates/corporation contacts that he has agreed to invite to my party.

Dsenette, I'm going to invite Galadriel, she only lives 3 hours away from me. Maybe I can talk her into giving a short presentation on the security of Windows 7. Think she is qualified? :)

Any ideas are welcome guys... thanks for the responses so far.

Ferrari

Ferrari

PC SURGEON

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,939 posts
Double Post...

If any of you that have gotten to know me over the last year or so live in the Midwest USA and would like to make a weekend trip out of this and attend my party, message me for details. The party is going to be on Oct. 23rd which is a Friday.

The party theme, which I'm going to try and make a banner, is

Posted Image

Also, here is a list of what the party package I'm getting will contain, thanks to Galadriel's Excellent Research Skills...

• All hosts will receive:
  • o One limited Signature Edition Windows 7 Ultimate
  • o One Deck of Playing Cards with Windows 7 Desktop Design
  • o One Puzzle with Windows 7 Desktop Design
  • o One Poster with Windows 7 Desktop Design
  • o Ten Tote Bags with Windows 7 Desktop Design for hosts and guests

• Also included in USA party packs:
  • o One package of streamers for decoration
  • o One package of balloons for decoration
  • o One table top centerpiece for decoration
  • o One package of Windows 7 napkins

Edited by Ferrari, 22 September 2009 - 03:07 PM.

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
I'm a host too... :)

Ferrari

Ferrari

PC SURGEON

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,939 posts
Awesome!

I'm going to have my Cosmos i7 rig moved to the living room and hook it up to a 32 inch LCD for the monitor, so when I demonstrate it, everyone can see. lol

Then have my parents build which is a Athlon II x2 set up in the dining room (running 7 RC)and I'm hoping to get a hold of a cheap P4, put 7 RC on there, so then everyone at the party can try out 7 on the various technologies -- Fast, Medium, Slow.

Can you believe I'm going to let people use my i7? What the heck am I thinking... :)

Icaro Freire

Icaro Freire

• PipPip
  • 39 posts
I don't think we are having this here in Brazil...why?? why??????????? :)

Edited by Icaro Freire, 06 October 2009 - 04:10 AM.

inapaler

inapaler

• PipPip
  • 34 posts
Great Great Great!
Thanks for sharing it :)

NeonFx

NeonFx

Malware Removal Dude

• Expert
  • 3,798 posts
Sounds like fun :) Are you setting up a webcam for those of us who can't come? :)

Advertisements

Ferrari

Ferrari

PC SURGEON

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,939 posts

Sounds like fun Are you setting up a webcam for those of us who can't come?

Troy and I actually briefly discussed this. I have to contact him, thanks for reminding me!!!! :)

Galadriel is supposed to be driving in, she lives about 3 hours from me. I haven't seen her online for a few days though, and she didn't answer my last email... hope everything is ok :)

NeonFx

NeonFx

Malware Removal Dude

• Expert
  • 3,798 posts
I talked to her yesterday. She told me all about how she's excited about going :)

Ferrari

Ferrari

PC SURGEON

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,939 posts
:) I just got in the chat and messaged her Away From Keyboard message like 3 times asking her if she could still make it and to see if she got my email.

I'm glad to hear she is still going, I'm really excited to meet her and to have the party.

Thanks Neon!

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
I'm excited, but it looks like a few who were going to make it to my party now will be unable to make it. Oh well. I got all the free stuff. :)

Also gotta plug in the webcam to see if it works under Windows 7, haven't tried it yet. If so, you'll be able to chat with me on Live Messenger or something I guess. Weeeeeeeeeeee...

BHowett

BHowett

OT Moderator

• 4,649 posts
So tomorrow is the big day… it sounds like you have a pretty big party planned Ferrari, if you don’t get the webcam up and running be sure to at least take a few pictures to post here.