Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows 7 Release Party!

• Please log in to reply

Ferrari

Ferrari

PC SURGEON

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,939 posts
I will take some pictures, but they may not be the best quality. My girlfriend has a great camera I was going to use but her daughter needs to borrow it. Oh well.

I'm getting ready to install 7 RC on a Dell Precision 370, 2.8ghz Hyper-Threading P4, 1GB Ram, 80GB Hard Drive, originally had XP Pro. The Front Side Bus is 800mhz, I want to see how well it does. I may take out a 512mb stick of RAM and see how it runs that way too. I wonder if 7 will find all the drivers, ????. Or how hard will it be for me to go and find them???

I will have this computer set up and running for others to try 7 out on an older PC, so they can see how it does. Reports say it runs very well on systems like this, but we'll see. Additionaly, my i7 rig has the full licensed copy of Ultimate that others can try out, and my parents computer running 7 RC is new with a AMD Athlon II x2 FSB equivalent to 800mhz.

The idea is to have a old/slower, medium, and then fast/"state of the art" computers for people to compare 7 on.

So far I have 10 RSVP's with 5 "+ 1's". I never got a chance to go up to the colleges and see if anyone wanted to come to the party like I stated earlier in this thread. Oh well, it will be fun.

Advertisements

Galadriel

Galadriel

Malware Expert

• Visiting Consultant
  • 48 posts
Yes, I'm still going. Thanks NeonFX for relaying, lol. I've been knee deep in homework and prepping for finals week (this week), that's why I haven't been online much.
Finals over now for me, so I can get ready for the trip. I'll email ya later Sporty.
I don't have a camera, but my phone can take (crappy) pics. Hopefully someone will bring a good one. I want some pics too! This will be fun! :)

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
My party was last night, currently in the process of uploading some pics. It was pretty cool actually, and I was surprised at the turnout - a whole bunch of mates just "turned up"!!! It was great.

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
http://uk.houseparty.com/party/179237

Pics are on my party page :)

Ferrari

Ferrari

PC SURGEON

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,939 posts
Awesome Troy. Like the pics. Sorry the webcam thing didn't work out, oh well...

Maybe we'll do it when Windows 8 comes out. haha

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
I'm in :)

inapaler

inapaler

• PipPip
  • 34 posts
nice to know! :)