Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

IDT High Def Audio CODEC not working

• Please log in to reply

SeamusMalcolm

SeamusMalcolm

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi, I already tried updating the driver and going through the troubleshooting which gives me a Code 10.

"This device cannot start. (Code 10)

Click Troubleshoot to start the troubleshooter for this device."
Troubleshooting doesn't help. Uninstall/reinstall. Restarting.

This is a Dell Latitude D520 laptop. I don't know how to take out and put the card back in, which was the next step ...

Advertisements

Joe Mastro

Joe Mastro

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Are you absolutely sure that you have the correct driver package for your audio device? Any way you can give us the VendorID & DeviceID of the hardware in question?

SeamusMalcolm

SeamusMalcolm

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Are you absolutely sure that you have the correct driver package for your audio device? Any way you can give us the VendorID & DeviceID of the hardware in question?

Hmmm, I thought it came with the laptop. I'm not sure how to find this info. Can you help with that?