Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Microwoft Word 2003 - track changes problem

• Please log in to reply

jarvster2000

jarvster2000

• Pip
  • 9 posts
For some reason recently, when I open a Word document which had been amended by another user in track changes, when I amend it, it does it in the same colour (dark green).

I have always had "by author" checked inthe Tools/Options/Track changes tab and I have repeatedly chosen colours and reverted again to see if I can get it to work but to no avail. I can change the colours to anything I wish but it seems the "by author" option has stopped working and always seem to make all users dark green.

It seemed to sort itself the other day briefly but seems stuck again. If I hover over the text, it gives the correct user details but colour would really be helpful.

Any ideas?

Any help appreciated!

EDIT: Problem solved - I found other users with the same settings could see different colours so I restarted my PCT and now it is working fine. Stupid Word - it can be so fickle sometimes.

Edited by jarvster2000, 22 September 2009 - 03:59 AM.

Advertisements