Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Keyboard

• Please log in to reply

hospitaldoctor

hospitaldoctor

• PipPipPip
  • 318 posts
I am looking for a Keyboard, but I cannot find it anywhere.
I want a keyboard that is WIRED and has multimedia keys.
In addition, I want a keyboard where the individual keys are curved (cusped) and not flat. In a way, the keys are concave (cusps) and come into contact with the fingers in a lock and key fashion.
Anyone have any recommendations please?
Also I'd like to spend under $60.
Thank you

Edited by hospitaldoctor, 22 September 2009 - 02:04 PM.

Advertisements

Wander

Wander

• PipPipPip
  • 205 posts
I think the keyword you want is "ergonomic".

hospitaldoctor

hospitaldoctor

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 318 posts
No not ergonomic
I dont want it split

Digerati

Digerati

Grumpy Ol' MSgt (Ret.)

• Retired Staff
  • 3,999 posts
  • MVP
Well, both are [not] right. Most ergonomic keyboards are not split - those that are may be the extreme. But cupped keys is an ergonomic feature too that some keyboards have, some don't - and that is why no one can tell you what keyboard to get - you need to go to a computer store and touch and feel as many as you can for yourself. The perfect keyboard for someone else may feel horrible to you, awkward to use. Or it may take up so much space, there's not room left for your mouse, or so small you can't breath when typing.

The QWERTY keyboard layout is pretty standard yet there are hundreds of well-made, quality keyboards out there simply because we all have our unique keyboard requirements - whether we are aware of them or not, or care. Some like mushy, short travel keys, others like keys to give away quickly after a firm press. My wife likes Microsoft keyboards with the keys in curved but flat rows like the MS 6000 - not split, not wavy, but ergonomic because she doesn't have to bend her wrists outward. For me, I've been using A4Tech boards for 20 years because I like the feel of their "Natural A-Shape" keyboards for a similar wrist straightening effect. They have keyboards with cupped or rounded edged keys. Waterproof too. I am sure Logitech has similar stuff, and like the others, keyboards of all shapes and sizes.

Same story for a mouse. Get one that feels good in your hand or both hands, if you switch back and forth every 6 months or so to keep the carpel in check. :)

hospitaldoctor

hospitaldoctor

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 318 posts
I am still confused
sorry

Digerati

Digerati

Grumpy Ol' MSgt (Ret.)

• Retired Staff
  • 3,999 posts
  • MVP

I am still confused
sorry

Then what do you want to know? Some keyboards have cupped or concaved keys, some have flat, some have rounded edges. Some have springy keys some have mushy keys. Some are big keyboards some are slim?

hospitaldoctor

hospitaldoctor

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 318 posts
Yes, I want a keyboard with cupped keys... that it
(with multimedia keys and wired)
any examples of them?
Thanks

Digerati

Digerati

Grumpy Ol' MSgt (Ret.)

• Retired Staff
  • 3,999 posts
  • MVP
No. The A4Tech I use are more like a half-pipe. I'm back to my original suggestion - check out a store.

hospitaldoctor

hospitaldoctor

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 318 posts
I checked out best buy
they didnt have any keyboards like the one i want

Digerati

Digerati

Grumpy Ol' MSgt (Ret.)

• Retired Staff
  • 3,999 posts
  • MVP
Don't know what to say. Try Office Max, Office Depot, Staples. Write the keyboard makers and ask them.

Where did you see the one you like? Who made it?