Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

outlook express 6

• Please log in to reply

iconik

iconik

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi folks,

i have just purchased a domain name and web hosting, and went to outlook express to set my email account up, and it seems i can receive emails ok but when i sent test emails to my other email accounts i dont always recieve them!

i have just 8 to my yahoo account and i only recieved four of them yet my outlook express sent box tells me i have sent 8!

hellppppp!

Advertisements

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Your current hosting package MUST allow SMTP ( http://en.wikipedia....ansfer_Protocol ) to work. Otherwise, no email can be sent.

iconik

iconik

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
but some of my email are being received?

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Are the emails you send going through your new hosting service POP3 email address each time or are you sending those emails from the Web Mail service your host supplies or via another email address?

Check the link I gave and see if you need to activate this service within your Control Panel. Make sure Outlook Express uses the new hosting email address each time for sending/receiving. It should be set as the default email address unless you are checking the From field and choosing from the drop down menu.