Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Virus Malware? Help!

• Please log in to reply

Huggins7

Huggins7

• Pip
  • 1 posts
We have a virus. I followed the removal recommendations from the Geeks site. Did not help. Tried it twice. Symptoms are, Bitdefender stopped working, Cannot access Antivirus sites except by backdooring, redirects occur when trying to go to sites, when idle and connected to net, tiled advertisements come on over periods of extended time, I have installed several antimalware, virus, and utilities such as Glary, Hijack this, Bitdefender 2010, ERUNT, Malwarebytes and others. As soon as I try to open them they shut down or give a message of some sort. I tried running some of these in Safe Mode - same results. I have created boot disks to try to boot with a program (who's name I don't recall) and that did not work, I have gone through the system items that are running and checked some I do not recognize but came up short there too. This is an HP PC running WIn XP Pro on our small office network. I can open Windows programs, burn DVDs and browse our Network just fine. What in the world kind of mutated virus is this? HELP! :)

Advertisements