Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

i7 Barebone kit

• Please log in to reply

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
I was looking for a laptop, but I would barely ever use it. So I have decided get a new Desktop. I found this Barebone kit on Tigerdirect and would like to get your opinion on it.

If I were to purchase this computer would the motherboard fit into an NZXT Apollo Case?

I am giving my old desktop to my dad and I currently have a Asus P5QL-E motherboard. Would his video card which is a All-in-Wonder® X1800 XL work with my current Asus board?

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,839 posts
Hi mate,

Just wondering why you are asking about another case when the kit already comes with one?

It should fit in the NZXT, though.

For your dad's card, you'll need to find out what connection it uses (PCI-Express or AGP or PCI) and then match it to what your motherboard supports. If they aren't the same then no it won't work.