Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Sound Suddenly Not Working

• Please log in to reply

VidenTheColdOne

VidenTheColdOne

• PipPip
  • 53 posts
I just recently bought an Acer Aspire 4530 about 2 months ago. It's been working well, but i'm suddenly having a problem. I was playing Warcraft 3, and my sound suddenly cut out, and now i can't get it back at all. I looked through my settings, turned everything up, even tried plugging in headphones. There is just no sound. Any ideas as to why this is happening? Please let me know if you need any more info. Thanks!

Advertisements

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
Any errors in Device Manager?

VidenTheColdOne

VidenTheColdOne

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
Nevermind! Luckily i noticed i had a windows update, and it was Vista SP2, so i installed, and restarted, and my sound suddenly started working again. Don't know what happened, but it's working now.

P.S. Thank you SOOO much for getting back to me so quickly. I have had questions that went two weeks without a peep. Figures i get help on the one i fix myself. Lowl, that's just how it goes i guess.

Edited by VidenTheColdOne, 23 September 2009 - 05:18 AM.

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
Cool :)