Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Strange Vista behaviours

• Please log in to reply

JimB007

JimB007

• PipPip
  • 96 posts
I have some Vista problems and would like to know what causes it. Reinstalling the OS is not an option BTW.

- Frequent explorer crashes; like about some 10/day on an average of 8 hrs. working on the PC. BTW I've heard that SP2 for Vista deals with these explorer crashes. Is that true ? I haven't seen SP2 in my updates so far..

- Lately my PC froze and I tried to stop this weird instance of explorer.exe in my task manager. It would not stop, allthough I had nothing going on at that time. Usually there are different instances of explorer.exe, but this one was different. So I looked at the path and I found it in my registry .. Someone any idea what this is ?

In task manager:

Posted Image

In registry:

Posted Image

- Third and last weird thing I recall from having on my late XP OS too, and now in Vista is this behaviour when trying to drag a "window"

Posted Image

and

Posted Image

Advertisements