Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Printing from an XP computer netowrked to a Vista computer

• Please log in to reply

wellness

wellness

• Pip
  • 1 posts
We recently had to purchase new computers for our office. We were using computers that ran on XP, and the new ones have Vista. The main office computer was replaced and the old one running XP was moved to a different location. The printer that was connected to that old computer is now directly connected to the new computer running Vista (which is the main network computer) The old one still shows the printer in it, but will not print to it. Is there something that I need to do to reconnect this printer with that old computer having to do with different operating systems? When I pull up the properties for the printer I do see a statement about sharing the printer on computers with different operating systems: its tells me to install additional drivers. Will this fix the problem?

Advertisements