Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

The page cannot be displayed

• Please log in to reply

geobar

geobar

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I am encountering this error on pages where I am wanting to login. Ebay and Paypal comes up fine but when I go to sign in, it throws "the page cannot be displayed". Same at hotmail, the first page displays ok but when I enter my address/password and click ok, page cannot be displayed. Gmail does not display at all. I could sign into to all this sites a couple of weeks ago but not now. I did have Norton anti virus 2003 installed but after this started happening I noticed that it had become non working somehow. I removed and reinstalled but the anti virus part will not work after the install. Today I have installed and run adware se, Spybot, AVG anti Virus, Trent Micro and found all sorts of trojans and ad/spyware on my PC. I am currently showing a clean system but am still getting "the page cannot be displayed". I saw a previous post where Alongtheway got help from John Doe on this same issue, settings turned off that should have been turned on with internet options. Can someone tell me what settings these are?

Advertisements

John_Doe

John_Doe

• PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
I forget , but what did I post that helped that guy?
So many posts, just cant remember?

geobar

geobar

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I wish I knew. His post just said thanks for the reply??

John_Doe

John_Doe

• PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
Ok, if I can remember right, this is a security setting issue.

go to here:
http://www.duxcw.com...n/xp/secure.htm

http://support.micro...kb;EN-US;318378

the information was so long, that I decided to send you the link, instead of pasting a mile long file

Edited by John_Doe, 15 May 2005 - 12:54 AM.

geobar

geobar

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Well I am a happy camper!! I am back in proper working order. I followed the steps in the duxcw link above. Not sure which one actually fixed my problem though.

At any rate, thank you John_Doe for pointing me in the right direction!