Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Win-32-Alureon-CURtk-infection

• Please log in to reply

Sonya_

Sonya_

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Greetings Gentlemen,

I hope I am posting this in the correct forum.

A week or so ago I downloaded a program and obviously became infected by trojans and God only knows what else. All google searches redirect. This thing killed 4 different antivirus programs.

Lately it has been worse, my browsers (IE, Firefox, Opera) crash constantly and I am no longer able do searches at all. I purchased avast and while it appears to be severely compromised it did say it I am probably infected with the Win32-Alureon-CUrtk virus (perhaps more than that, not sure).

Anyway, I did a search and found another post on this forum that said download the program from gmr...which I did. It crashed after listing lots of files, i ran it again and it just listed this:

GMER 1.0.15.15087 - http://www.gmer.net
Rootkit quick scan 2009-09-23 19:29:56
Windows 6.0.6001 Service Pack 1
Running: 9xg4r691.exe; Driver: C:\Users\sonya\AppData\Local\Temp\ugldypow.sys

---- System - GMER 1.0.15 ----

Code 86BF68B6 ZwEnumerateKey
Code 86CBC2E6 ZwFlushInstructionCache
Code 86D1784E ZwSaveKey
Code 86C0D836 ZwSaveKeyEx
Code 86E3CCA5 IofCallDriver
Code 86C9C475 IofCompleteRequest

---- Devices - GMER 1.0.15 ----

AttachedDevice \Driver\tdx \Device\Tcp aswTdi.SYS (avast! TDI Filter Driver/ALWIL Software)
AttachedDevice \Driver\tdx \Device\Udp aswTdi.SYS (avast! TDI Filter Driver/ALWIL Software)

---- Services - GMER 1.0.15 ----

Service C:\Windows\system32\drivers\kbiwkmrjmegnrs.sys (*** hidden *** ) [SYSTEM] kbiwkmhaofrtri <-- ROOTKIT !!!
Service C:\Windows\system32\drivers\kbiwkmxxlhsrvb.sys (*** hidden *** ) [SYSTEM] kbiwkmxrqowpvm <-- ROOTKIT !!!

---- EOF - GMER 1.0.15 ----

Please help, I do not have discs (would have to order them) and I destroyed the HD backup (via advice found on another site) and I would prefer to avoid going back to factory settings.

Thank you.

Edited by Sonya_, 23 September 2009 - 05:43 PM.

Advertisements

emeraldnzl

emeraldnzl

GeekU Instructor

• GeekU Moderator
  • 20,051 posts
Hello Sonya_,

Welcome to Geekstogo.

Download Combofix from either of the links below. You must rename it before saving it. Save it to your desktop.

Link 1
Link 2

Posted Image

Posted Image
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Disable your AntiVirus and AntiSpyware applications, usually via a right click on the System Tray icon. They may otherwise interfere with our tools.

Double click on Combo-Fix.exe & follow the prompts.
  • When finished, it will produce a report for you.
  • Please post the C:\ComboFix.txt for review.