I recently had a problem with one of the svchost.exe on my processes. It was using up approximately 96% of my CPU capability. However, this was only the case when I started up Mozilla Firefox. The connecting issue was that when Mozilla tried to load up a page it took approximately 30seconds which was quite a while.
I tried looking for a way to get rid of this/ stop it consulting several forums but to no avail. In the end I decided to take the plunge and end the process (I did this approximately 10 minutes ago). Interestingly, my webpages are now loading instantly (i.e. as they should).
Although I have solved the problem I obviously haven't done it in the correct way and wondered if anybody could provide me with why this happened/ how to prevent it in future.
Look forward to hearing from you.