Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

What do i need to run Sims 3 on my computer? :|

• Please log in to reply

Aoi_Tsuki

Aoi_Tsuki

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Ok so i'm a complete and utter noob when it comes to stuff like this so i need some serious help. Like a fool i bought the game before checking if it would run on my computer...turns out it wont. Yay. Uhm, i went on systemrequirementslab.com after and it says :

RAM
Minimum: (XP) 1 GB RAM; (Vista) 1.5 GB RAM [If built-in graphics then add 0.5 GB additional RAM]
You Have: 510.8 MB

Video Card
Minimum: 128 MB Video Card, with support for Pixel Shader 2.0 (NVIDIA GeForce FX 5900 or above / ATI Radeon 9500 or above / Intel GMA 3-series or above)
You Have: GeForce4 MX 440

So what exactly do i need to buy to make it run? I don't have the cash to buy a new computer and i dont know what half that stuff means or how to install it. Help please :)

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Need to know everything about your computer.
Download and run this:
http://www.gtopala.com/

When loaded, right-click on Hardware in bold on the left -> Export -> TxT. Save the file somewhere and attach it to your next post.

For benefit of others, Sims 3 requirements here:
http://www.thesims3.com/game/systemreq

Aoi_Tsuki

Aoi_Tsuki

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Uhm is this it?

file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Aoi%20Tsuki/My%20Documents/Hardware.html

Does it show up or do i have to paste all the info on the page here?

Sorry for being such a noob and thank you for helping :)

Particle_girl

Particle_girl

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Don't want to step on anyone's toes as I am new here, but I do play the Sims from time to time.
You would have to upgrade your RAM and your video card to play this game.

You need a minimum of 1 Gig for XP and a min. of 1.5 for Vista. You have 1/2 of the required RAM to play this game for XP and 1/3 of the RAM required if you are running Vista.

Acceptable Nvidia cards are:
NVIDIA GeForce series
FX 5900, FX 5950
6200, 6500, 6600, 6800,
7200, 7300, 7600, 7800, 7900, 7950
8400, 8500, 8600, 8800
9600, 9800, GTX 260, GTX 280

I realize it's an expensive game, but it isn't cheap to upgrade these things either and that will also depend on whether you can upgrade your graphics (integrated, etc) card and how many slots you have for RAM, etc....

I would return the game and start with Sims One. You can probably get the game all of the expansion packs for the price you paid for the Sims 3. True, the graphics don't even compare with Sims 3, but your PC won't support Sims 3 at this time. Sorry :)

Aoi_Tsuki

Aoi_Tsuki

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Oh no! I'm going to have to do some more research and see if i can fit in some new RAM and a video card. I'll hold on to the game for now :)

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

There's no school like old school!

• Retired Staff
  • 1,650 posts
Hello Aoi_Tsuki and welcome to G2G!

What are the specs of your PC?
If you don't know then please download and run SysSpec. Run the file > click edit > click copy to clipboard and then paste it with your reply.

With more detailed specs we may be able to advise you more on what you may need.