Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

windows shut down

• Please log in to reply

sunshine6180

sunshine6180

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I own a dell computer it has windows xp, about a week ago I unplugged my power my mistake I did not realize it until the next day I plugged it back in and when it comes on the first thing it say is the cover has been removed. Then a blck screen come up that says windows did not start properly then at the bottom it has a list of options that you can choose how to have the computer start up, thins like safe mode, safe mode with networking, safe moe with command prompt and start windows normally it say. move the arrow keys up or down to select your choice but I can't move anything. After a few seconds a blue screen appears that says a problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer. It tells me to restart the computer and if this message is shown again to disable or uninstall any anti virus disk defragmentation or backup utilities. Check your hard drive config and chek for any updated drivers. Run chkdsk/f to check for hard drive corruption and then restart your computer. Technical information: ***STOP: 0x00000024 (0x00190203,0x82389A00, 0xC0000102, 0x00000000). I have tried to reboot several times by the boot menu I have tried to use my reinstallation disk nothing is happening is there any way that I can run chkdsk/f with my computer like this I only have acssess to the internet for my tmoble g1 cell phone its real time internet if your not famillar I can dot just about everything on my ohone that you can do with a regular compuer is there any thing I can do with this? Or do I have any other options?

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Windows repair from the Dell installation disk:
http://www.geekstogo...ws-XP-t138.html