Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows installer pop-up on every page opened

• Please log in to reply

islandbound

islandbound

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have been having problems with windows installer pop-up window everytime i open a page with Internet Explorer. Also with whatever has happend i can no longer open any office programs. Winword says that it needs to be installed and excell just closes down.
I have found out that my wife tried to free up space and removed microsoft office on accident and that is when the problem started. Is there a missing file or program that was removed? I have restored te computer to a previous date with no luck.

Advertisements

geekhelp4u

geekhelp4u

• PipPip
  • 43 posts
A system restore will not magically make deleted files come back. For the most part - the system restore will only restore the registry and a few windows files.

You will need to reinstall office to correct this issue.

Alternatively - you can also place the office disk in the computer and go to add/remove programs. Select office from the list and then select the change button. You can then run a repair on the office installation.