Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

humming noise from computer

• Please log in to reply

mawmaw

mawmaw

• PipPip
  • 85 posts
This has happened before and just stopped but now this high pitched humming noise is louder and annoying. I think its coming from the fan on the power box. the power plugs in here so i believe thats it. I'm not sure if it is the fan or the power box itself. The only other problem i have with it is it's getting slow.I downloaded the speedfan software and only get GPU,CPU, INTERNAL AND REMOTE TEMP. So far only a red arrow going up on CPU. GPU is at 0 and it reads only one fan (4106) but i know i have 2. What should I do from here. Oh and it has gotten a little quieter since i downloaded the speedfan but not much.

Advertisements