Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Xoftspy program

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

chimchim

chimchim

• PipPipPip
  • 149 posts
I was checking out several spyware programs and for some reason when I did a scan using the Xoftspy spyware program it found alot of items that other programs couldn't find. Is this program a scam???? It said it found 14 items but won't let me remove them unless I pay $40 for the program(see attached list).

Attached Thumbnails

• scan.jpg

Advertisements

Guest_usetobe_*

Guest_usetobe_*
Hi Chim Chim,

In the past XSoft were of a dubious nature with agressive false positives to induce people to purchase, however Over the past few months, XoftSpy has taken aggressive steps to reign in its affiliates (who were primarily responsible for the unsavory advertising), revised its license text, and released a new version of XoftSpy (version 4.0) that addresses our concerns with false positves. Given these changes we can no longer regard XoftSpy as "rogue/suspect" anti-spyware.

I personally would not use it.

If you post a HJT log in this thread we can soon have your PC clean.

Regards,

Usetobe

Guest_usetobe_*

Guest_usetobe_*
No response, topic closed. original poster may pm me to get topic reopened if required