Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Uninstalled Messenger, now IE is gone

• Please log in to reply

ashad00

ashad00

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I uninstalled Messenger on our home PC (Windows XP) and now the entire Internet Explorer is gone. Hubby is furious that everything he had saved or bookmarked on IE is gone. Is there any way to undo this? System restore won't work. He is furious, please help me!

Advertisements

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hello ashad00...

Internet Explorer is a Windows component and is nearly impossible to uninstall...so it's probably still there somewhere.

What have you done in terms of trying to find it thus far? Which version of IE was installed...IE7 or IE8?

wannabe1

ashad00

ashad00

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I haven't done anything to try to find it. He won't let me near the computer, he is that pissed. He's in there doing stuff on it, he keeps yelling out "don't you ever come near this computer ever again.", then he'll say "I think I fixed it." I don't know if it's fixed or not.

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hopefully he got it going.

If not, there are several things we can look at to get it back. It may be as simple as a deleted shortcut...at worst, a removed component...which can be easily restarted.