Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

nVIDIA drivers make system go crazy. Help!

• Please log in to reply

tgrab

tgrab

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I have GeForce Ti4200 card.
If I use my card without any driver it works fine, I mean, it's stable and everything is displayed properly, but of course lack of drivers makes it slow and unable to perform some tasks.
So I install the nVidia drivers and then the system goes crazy.
Very often the screen goes blank for just 1 second, then comes back to normal, and also it hangs up very often so I even can't bring Task Manager - I just have to reboot it. If I play a movie (divX) it just stops after few seconds, so I have to close Media Player. The newer the driver is the worse the performance is. If I install the newest one 71.89, the systems just hangs after i start it, so I just have to reboot in safe mode and roll back the driver. And if I uninstall the driver I don't have any of these problems.
Does anyone know what it is?
Can anyone help me please???

Advertisements

hudihoo

hudihoo

• PipPipPip
  • 298 posts
you have to install the right drivers for the right card. you are probably installing drivers for a different model card.

tgrab

tgrab

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
thnaks... but nvidia has the same driver for most of the models.....its their policy...

Any other ideas? PLEASE GUYS....

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
I had some issues with nvidia drivers. I found some good advice in another forum. Download the current driver for your card. Then download driver cleaner at http://www.drivercleaner.net/ Then remove the present driver in ad/remove programs. Boot into safe mode. Run driver cleaner TWICE and delete all that it finds. Then re-boot and install the current driver. This solved my problem. Hope is solves yours.