Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

audio

• Please log in to reply

doctorphibes

doctorphibes

• Pip
  • 3 posts
But only give microsoft beeps. Says no sound device installed I know there is because I used to listen to music on it HP pavilion zd7000cto notebook. Even the sytem tray volume icon is missing. When I try tosolve the problem all sound functions are greyed out so I can't access them. I've tried a couple of fixes posted around to no avail anyone creative out there?
Thanks,
doc
P.S. XP Pro

Edited by doctorphibes, 27 September 2009 - 08:32 AM.

Advertisements

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
Any errors in Device Manager?

doctorphibes

doctorphibes

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
yes several I thought about uninstalling them them reinstalling them but not sure. I tried to do some patching according to microsoft but now I don't even get beeps from the on board speakers(I think I know what caused that). I'm about ready to switch to Linux. Sick of all the crap.
Anyway, what would you suggest?
Thanks,
doc
Would it help if I posted a screen shot of device manager and the arguments that are present? Oh yeah I went to the HP website and downloaded the driver package for that model Pavilion zd7000

Edited by doctorphibes, 28 September 2009 - 07:51 AM.

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
Well, you have to go to HP site, download and install drivers for all devices, which give you errors in Device Manager.