Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Dell Bluetooth Travel Mouse Scrolling is reversed

• Please log in to reply

dlinderyd

dlinderyd

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
Over the last few months my mouse have started to behave strangely.
Sometime when I boot the scroll wheel action is reversed. I have until yesterday been able to get it back into proper working order by turning off the mouse and turning it on again. That doesn't work now. Alltough irritating it can learn to live with it, if it wasn't because it sometimes jumps back to working properly for a minute or two and sometimes can't really make up its mind, so switching back and forth between normal and reversed.

I've never been able to get the side scrolling with the wheel to work properly. I've never been able to programme the wheel click to do anything but the default. All other functions of the mouse seems to be working fine.

Has anyone else come across a similar problem?

I have tried to update the driver for the mouse, but that doesn't help. The Touchpad works as it should, scrolling in both x and Y dimensions.

System:
Dell XPS M1530, Core2Duo 2.5GHz, 4GB Ram
Vista Ultimate SP2
Dell Bluetooth Travel Mouse

In the Device Manager i have the following installed:
Dell Touchpad
HID-compliant Bluetooth Mouse (the one the mouse is using, I think)
HID-compatible mouse
Wacom Mouse (I don't have Wacom Mouse, but I do have a Wacom Intuos 4 tablet)

I really appreciate any help in this matter, as it's really getting on my nerves now.

Let me know if you need any further info to solve tis mystery.

Advertisements