Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

XP Pro no Boot

• Please log in to reply

drebin

drebin

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I know that many are going to slant me for using Combo Fix Unaided but i did use it some time ago with no problems Please is there anyone out there who can help me to try and get this PC Started.

I have a weird problem with Combo Fix and what it has left me with. I had used the software sometime ago and it worked ok. However the recent download of this software has caused the computer to go down.

The problem i have is you get the adaptor screen of Fujitsu loading with FR2 Bios Setup bottom left corner and F12 Boot Menu.
It goes through this process which is normal, but then goes to a screen troubleshooting and advance start up options Press F8.
It then goes to seconds until windows starts. It does not start and goes back to the Fujitsu page to repeat the process all the time. It will not boot either from the CD rom or the HD. I can get into the bios no problems there but safe mode is not accessible . Pressing F8 once or hundred times only leaves the PC to hang.
It seems as though it is caught in a cycle that it cannot get out of.

I cannot even use the windows disc and press repair as it comes up with something about the keyboard and then goes back to the above so i am unable to repair my system. Could this be the boot sector a fault there?
Another problem i have at the moment is that i downloaded a flash for the bios but cannot install it as the Floppy Disc is not working. It makes no difference what i assign as the first device to boot it just keeps cycling through what is mentioned above.
Is there any other way of a work around these problems. The PC is a Fujitsu Siemens Scenic L D1219 i815e
Thank you in advance

Advertisements