Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

My life sucks? Very important Word Document gone!

• Please log in to reply

tekietek

tekietek

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
I have been using my flash drive forever, I was working on a story this evening. Everything was ok, until I went to save it. Then I got an error message saying it was incompatible. I figured, "Weird" and hit ok, and then this weird encoding box popped up with a temporary file ~WRL whatever.. well I closed it and now the entire document is gone! I can't find it, it's been deleted. This sucks major big time--can anyone help me?

The only thing I can think of was I tried opening the document on a mac... At the risk of sounding like a 13 year old girl, please please please help me, I can't afford to lose this document!!

Advertisements

Chopin

Chopin

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,639 posts
Word usually makes backup files of your document in the folder where the document is. Turn on hidden files and look for them.

And I feel your pain. When I was in China, I had to rewrite a report THREE TIMES because it kept getting deleted. :)

tekietek

tekietek

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
I couldn't find the temp files (~WRD whatever) they aren't visible even when invisible items are shown. I did find a program called recuva and it found a copy from a few days ago--I am so psyched. Trying a program called ParetoLogic --hoping it finds my edits from today, but I'll take what I can get.

It's 20 pages of a story I've been writing for 2 years.. Ha ha.. OMG I'm so happy.