yeah i have gotten shocked a few times with displaye before most notably when i tried manually adjusting the picture on my old tv using the little screw like thingies on the pcb. also always wear rubber gloves. make sure the thing is attached to a gfi somewere and lastly never touch the device with both hands at the same time a shock traveling from your hand up your arm and down through your legs is less likley to kill you than a shock traveling from one hand up your arm across your heart than back to the board through your other hand. though no matter where the current goes it still hurts alot.
DONT TRY THIS AT HOME KIDS I MEAN IT
an electrician once told me how to tell the difference between 120volt circuit and a 220 volt circuit if you forgot your volt meter.
stand on a box hold out one hand only and touch one finger to each terminal if you are still standing on the box it is 120 if your flat on your [bleep] it is 220 XD
oh and about the old tv the picture is now sharper and more colorfull than when i bought it.
Edited by mikeloeven, 17 February 2010 - 11:10 PM.