Edited by blacklablefable, 28 September 2009 - 03:05 PM.
All .exe files opening in word HELP!
Posted 28 September 2009 - 02:54 PM
Posted 29 September 2009 - 09:23 AM
Posted 29 September 2009 - 10:38 AM
The following file should run as it has a .com extension,
Please download exeHelper to your desktop.
Double-click on exeHelper.com to run the fix.
A black window should pop up, press any key to close once the fix is completed.
Post the contents of log.txt (Will be created in the directory where you ran exeHelper.com)
Note: If the window shows a message that says "Error deleting file", please re-run the program before posting a log - and post the two logs together (they will both be in the one file).
Once this has run your exe programs should be working again.
Please followup with these programs:
- Please save Win32kDiag to your desktop.
- Double-click on it to run a scan.
- When it's finished, there will be a log called Win32kDiag.txt on your desktop.
- Please open it with notepad and post the contents here.
Please download DDS from either of these links
and save it to your desktop.
- Disable any script blocking protection
- Double click dds.pif to run the tool.
- When done, two DDS.txt's will open.
- Save both reports to your desktop.
Please include the contents of the following in your next reply:
Download GMER Rootkit Scanner from here or here.
- Extract the contents of the zipped file to desktop.
- Double click GMER.exe. If asked to allow gmer.sys driver to load, please consent .
- If it gives you a warning about rootkit activity and asks if you want to run scan...click on NO.
Click the image to enlarge it
- In the right panel, you will see several boxes that have been checked. Uncheck the following ...
- Drives/Partition other than Systemdrive (typically C:\)
- Show All (don't miss this one)
- Then click the Scan button & wait for it to finish.
- Once done click on the [Save..] button, and in the File name area, type in "Gmer.txt" or it will save as a .log file which cannot be uploaded to your post.
- Save it where you can easily find it, such as your desktop, and post it in your next reply.
Rootkit scans often produce false positives. Do NOT take any action on any "<--- ROOKIT" entries
Edited by CatByte, 29 September 2009 - 10:39 AM.
Posted 05 October 2009 - 12:51 PM
Edited by blacklablefable, 05 October 2009 - 12:56 PM.
Posted 05 October 2009 - 03:49 PM
Please download exe_fix and save it to your desktop
Double click on exe_fix.com to run it.
Type the number 1 at the prompt and allow the tool to run
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users