Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

BLANK DESKTOP!

• Please log in to reply

DireStraits

DireStraits

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I am trying to help my mother fix her pc.All the icons are missing from her desktop and the taskbar at the bottom is missing as well. i am currently on said pc. i can access most of the programs she uses via task manage. ctrl+alt+del run>. she just recently has had the problem as of two days ago. I've read all sorts of blogs about missing/corrupt explorer exe. files and a b.exe file listed in the porcesses tab. I've once used a hijack this log to fix my own computer 4 or 5 years back. can't seem to even find the log on here when i am able to open it and click scan.she has done a system restore to no avail. everything worked fine for half a day.When she restarted the pc everything was gone again. I'm pretty good at being meticulous in following instructions so any help will be most appreciated. Sincerely DireStraits

Advertisements

DireStraits

DireStraits

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
i forgot to mention.she has avg(free) antivirus,and a free copy of ccleaner.hijack this is installd as well but i am having trouble creating and finding the log. the explorer.exe file is no where to be found. i've searched for it via run> as well as thru the cmd prompt. i will be here on the site so i will answer quickly to any posts Thank you in advance

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
Please go to the malware forum and follow the instructions at the top....Especially the CLICK HERE.

That will give you several steps that will help you clean up 70 percent of all problems by yourself. If at the end of the process you are still having difficulty--and you may not be-- then post an OTListIt log in THAT forum.