Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

PC Shutting down before booting windows

• Please log in to reply

portagewiccan

portagewiccan

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have an emachine W5243 MCP61SM-GM motherboard. AMD athalon 64 3800+ 2.4Ghz cpu 2000mhz sys bus. Windows vista 2gb memory 250gb hd. The puter is almost 2yrs old but has been working fine until the other day. I had it on downloading some things and went to sleep. When i got up went to check on it and it was off thought maybe power went out so i just turned it on it started to load windows and just shut off. I turned it back on then went into setup then checked the computers health status. This is what it said. CPU Vcore 1.37V
+3.3V = 3.32V
+5V = 5.11V
+12V = 11.72V
Voltage battery 2.99V
CPU temp control 38C - 43C
Current system temp 34C
CPU Fan 1007 RPM

It will stay on if in setup. But when you go to load windows from disk it shuts off right after it loads all the files. It won't load with a linux boot disk either it does the same thing. Or when you just go to load windows. But it will stay on if you are in F8.

What I already did:

Checked the memory no change. Checked hard drive no errors. Fans work and already cleaned pc. compressed air from can.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Advertisements

billeesy

billeesy

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I had a problem like that with one of my past computers, and it turned out that it was the power supply. For some reason it was the first thing on the computer to go. I hooked up a new supply and it ran like new. The old one had just fried for some reason.