How to upload an Avatar
An avatar is the custom image that users have under their name. Uploading your own avatar is very simple. Follow the steps below the upload one:
1. Firstly, locate the My Controls link which can be found on the top right of the webpage (located under the search bar).
2. Now once your in the User Control Panel, navigate to the left side of the screen where the control pane is.
3. Select Edit Avatar Settings.
- To upload an avatar from your computer, click on Browse and locate and open the file you want as an avatar then press Update Avatar.
- If you would like to use a picture located somewhere on the Internet, paste the link in the Enter a URL to an online avatar image box and press Update Avatar
- If you don't have an avatar, you can use one of the various pre-installed avatars availible for use. To pick one, select a genre from the dropdown menu and press Go. Depending on the genre that you selected, you will be presented with various images - select the one you want to use and then scroll down to the bottom of the page and press Use Selected Avatar.
When uploading your avatar, it must be no bigger than 150 pixels by 150 pixels in size and can not exceed a file size of over 20Kb. The file types that you are allowed to upload are GIF, JPEG, JPG, SWF and PNG.
If you are having problems uploading an avatar or if your avatar doesn't appear after uploading one, try clearing your browsers cache with ATF Cleaner.