How To Burn an Image/ISO file using ImgBurn
ImgBurn is a small (under 2MB), fully functioning, 100% free program for burning image files to CD. It supports a wide range of disc image formats including .img, .cdr, .dvd, .bin, .nrg and of course the most common type of image file the .iso.
- Download ImgBurn from the ImgBurn Website and save the file to your desktop. You can download it from any of the mirrors on that page.
- Double-Click SetupImgBurn_XXXX.exe (where XXXX is the version number).
- Click Next.
- Select the type of install (I always leave it at Full) and Click Next.
- Select the installation location (Most leave it as the default location) and click Next.
- If you want to change the Start Menu location do it here, then Click Install.
- As it installs a message will come up asking if you would like ImgBurn to periodically check for updates. Select Yes
- Click Finish
How to Burn an Image File in ImgBurn:
- Run the ImgBurn Program.
- Insert a blank disc into your burner
- Click on Write Image File to Disc.
- At the top where it says Source: Please select a file... Click on the Fodler with a magnifying glass.
- Browse to the location of the image file.
- Select the Image File and click open
- Click the burn button (the button at the bottom with the File and CD on it.)
- Let it burn and verify.
That's it!!! You should now have successfully burned an image file to a disc.