- Click on the Orb and in the search box type CMD
- Right-click on the command prompt and select "Run As Administrator"
- Click "Yes" to the UAC Prompt
- In the new command prompt window type in powercfg -ENERGY
Note the single space between powercfg and -Energy
- It will say it is tracing the system for 60 seconds.
- At the end of 60 seconds a file will be created: C:\Windows\system32\energy-report.html.
- Move this file to the desktop and open in your favorite browser.
- Do whatever it says to optimize your efficiency.
- Enjoy longer battery life.
This is actually quite detailed as it monitors a range of features including looking for drivers that will prevent the computer from going to sleep etc.