Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How to Make a Shortcut to Folder Options

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply

OpenOutcome

OpenOutcome

• PipPipPip
  • 640 posts
I have no idea if anyone would use this.. I do though - so I thought I'd share it. If you think that nobody will read it, I won't be offended if you take it away :)

How to Make a Shortcut to Folder Options

Say you want to "Show Hidden Files and Folders" on your computer. You know how - but you wish you didn't have to navigate through so much..

The way I've done it for years, took way too many clicks. I would - like most people - have to click Start, open My Computer, choose the Tools Menu (or Organize in Vista) from the top, then Folder and Search Options. Not very convenient, adding in that all the clicks were all over the place - not just in one confined area..

To make a shortcut to the Folder Options box, right-click the desktop at any open and unused spot. Navigate through New, and then click Shortcut.

-Jason :)

Advertisements

Ehsanit

Ehsanit

• PipPipPip
  • 163 posts
This guide doesn't finish-it doesn't tell you how to configure the new shortcut.
The shortcut has to point to "control folders" or "C:\Windows\System32\control.exe folders" (without the quotes).
This should be put into the box in the new shortcut dialogue.
The shortcut can then be modified as with any other shortcuts, such as modifying the icon or changing the name.

Joshua666

Joshua666

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
Hi,

Great mini tutorial indeed :D
I really needed this! Does this works in Windows 7?

Regards,
Josh