Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Vista makes PS3 connection slower

• Please log in to reply

Beta55

Beta55

• PipPip
  • 41 posts
Ok, so say I have my computer on and my ps3 on at the same time. Yes, the amount of mbps has to be divided between the two in theory, I guess that makes sense. Although when my computer isn't even on it still seems to slow down my internet connection on my PS3. This ultimately leads to lag and slow download speeds.

Is there anyway around this? I've changed a few settings on my d-link router and Vista... I used to be an XP user so I'm just getting by. I might go back 2 XP.

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
I don't see how this is even possible with the computer not being on. If the computer was on and downloading, yes, the bandwidth would eventually be evenly spilt between the PS3 and your desktop, by natural designs and behaviour of the router.

Even if totally disconnected, I don't quite see how this behaviour can be Vista related. I reckon if you loaded XP back onto it you'd see exactly the same "effect", if that's the right word to describe it.