Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Making a meadia recovery disc

• Please log in to reply

Whiteyd

Whiteyd

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
Hi to you all.
I have been attempting to make a recovery media disc following the instructions from my vaio (xp home) manual. (Exiting programs, AV etc)
My drive is a dual layer DVD+ - RW, however the manual instructions say to use DVD-R/DVD+R or DVD+R DL discs. I have used DVD-R, but each time (4) the progress reaches app’ 85% or 5min remaining, the disc self ejects with “error on disc please reboot & try again” displayed. Am I using the wrong disc?. I would appreciate your help.
Thanks in advance

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
This is usually caused because you're burning the disk too fast. If the program has an option to alter the burn speed, knock it down a bit. Just because it'll write at 16x doesn't mean it's going to. Faster isn't already better in this regar.d

Whiteyd

Whiteyd

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
Hi Neil, thanks for your reply.
I cant see where any alteration can be made to the burn speed,(using Vaio recovery utility) so will it depend on the disc?
I am using Verbatin DVD-R x16, so should it be say x8.
Thanks.

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Try different brands of disk.