Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

XP- boot disk failure - Insert system disk and press enter

• Please log in to reply

brettxw

brettxw

• PipPipPip
  • 208 posts
My friend got a brand new HP and when he went to turn it on, he keeps getting the XP- boot disk failure - Insert system disk and press return. I have inserted this disc and pressed return. It goes through the same test where it says:

NVIDIA Boot Agent 224.0523
XE-E61: Meida test failure, check cable
XE-m0F: Exiting NVIDA Boot Agent
DISK BOOT FAILURE, INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER

It continues to go through that cycle. I have inserted the system DVD disc, and every other CD it came with it that has Operating Software on it. Still does not load. I went into the BIOS and changed the order of start up so the CD rom would load first and still nothing. Then changed it so the HD would load first and still nothing. The DVD/CD drive has power, you can hear it start up but then stops. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I can't seem to figure it out.

Advertisements