Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Help! Cannot see mirror drive from diffrent server

• Please log in to reply

Toddskins

Toddskins

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Desperate need of help!

How can I take an ATA Hard Drive that is dynamic (part of a mirror), NTFS formatted (was a mirrored hard drive in a Windows 2003 Server Machine) and get another Windows 2003 Server machine to now be able to view its contents (as a slave drive)???

Everybody I have spoken with thus far has told me to "convert to basic", but that loses all the data!

Somebody suggested an option called "Break Mirror", but thinks that that option only comes up when you already have a machine running both mirrors at the same time. I just have the one hard drive in my hands, and it is an NTFS dynamic drive.

I need desperately to view and copy the data off this hard drive, onto a backup medium (i.e. CD-ROM).

I have access next week to a Windows 2003 Server machine, so I will be able to slide my drive in as a Slave Drive, but how do we proceed?

Todd

Edited by Toddskins, 15 May 2005 - 01:59 AM.

Advertisements

Toddskins

Toddskins

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Anybody?