Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Virus in USB Port

• Please log in to reply

plan2scan

plan2scan

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Though this seems to be harmless and doesnt really corrupt or crash any of my programs, this virus keeps infecting my USB drive everytime I plug it in. Also I may have inserted an infected drive into another port so I think the virus has spread to the other ports as well. This does not show up on a PC even as a hidden file but it is visible if I open the drive on a Mac - it has a folder QAZWSX with two files zaqxsw.exe and desktop.ini within it and also an autorun.inf file in the main drive folder.

However, I must mention that the first time this virus appeared onto my flash drive (I think it mightve come from another flash drive that had it and was inserted into my system) my comp went into a frenzy and would shut down and restart on its own over and over again. though this stopped when I switched it on the next day.

pls help me get rid of this before it drives me crazy.

let me know if you need any further specific info on this.

cheers!

Advertisements