Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Multiple Simultaneous Audio Outputs in WinXP

• Please log in to reply

mbressman

mbressman

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi,

I was hoping someone might be able to assist me. I just recently set up the Iogear Wireless Audio/Video Kit (GUWAVKIT) in order to wirelessly stream audio and video (my computer desktop) to a remote source (TV, projector, etc.). The video streaming seems to work great (extending my desktop, mirroring it, etc.), but I'm having some difficulty with the audio set-up.

Basically, the set-up entailed adding another audio playback device within Windows (it did this automatically when I connected the USB transmitter to the computer). Ideally, I'd like to be able to have the audio transmit and playback through the wireless device when the video is also wirelessly being transmitted. However, it seems the only way to achieve this is to go into Control Panel -> Sound and Audio Devices -> Audio tab -> Sound Playback / Default Device and change it from the built in audio card to the USB one that has been added. Obviously, this is a pain.

However, I'd settle for having the audio output to both the internal audio card as well as the USB transmitter for playback via the remote source. This would allow it to come through the speakers I have set-up and connected directly to my computer, as well as the remote source when it is turned on (the remote source is a TV right now, so it seems it would only playback through the TV when I have the input set to "PC"). I can't seem to figure out any way to set up Windows to playback the audio through more than one source though. Anyone have any success or luck with doing this?

If not, is there at least an easier way of changing the audio playback device that doesn't involve going through all those control panel steps above?

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Advertisements