Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Ethernet Connection

• Please log in to reply

Mickelmass

Mickelmass

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi All

I just joined this forum as I was reading up on somebody here with a very similar problem to mine, so I thought I would join and ask the experts. I can connect with WiFi with no problems at all but as soon as I connect the Ethernet cable, the whole system freezes immediately. I have tried everything I have read on here and on the net to try and solve this problem but to no avail. Ethernet works fine in Safe Mode with Networking with no problems but as soon as the laptop is back to normal mode, that's it, frozen and I have to turn off and on from the power button, which is not a very good idea. :) I even tried the suggestion that one of you guys gave to another member on here, about going into msconfig and stopping all Microsoft programs etc. but that didn't work either. However, I am typing this now with the Ethernet cable connected and as yet (fingers crossed) it hasn't frozen? Most of the time it freezes immedialey on boot-up but a few times, it will work OK for up to about (say) five minutes or less and then completely freeze again. I have no idea what the [bleep] to do, other than ask you guys here, who know the business well. Any help would be greatly appreciated and thanks in advance if you can. :)

Regards
Mike
UK

BTW, I have an Acer Aspire 5610 laptop if that helps at all?

Advertisements