Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows 'device, path, or file' problem.

• Please log in to reply

Rivelino

Rivelino

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Salut.

After recently installing a new copy of Kaspersky Internet Security 2010, the problem I encountered was that the product appeared to be disappearing soon after. Three or so attempts have yielded the same outcome - I install it, run the scan it prompts you to, and then it does its masterful disappearing act midway through said scan. Clicking on the desktop icon produces the message, "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have appropriate permissions to access the item".

Being somewhat computer challenged, I placed the blame solely on the product, although it has since happened with Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware. Also, even though seemingly not there, the products aren't uninstalled.

From what I can gather, the aforementioned message is a recurring problem for many people. After troubleshooting on the back of suggestions for their problems, it seems likely that me and the many don't share the root cause. Simple tips such as altering settings have proved futile.

Anywho, any help is, as ever, appreciated. Sorry about vagueness of the information. I'll be happy to supply further details.

Thanks.

Advertisements