Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

PC crashes when i play certain games

• Please log in to reply

JonJoseph

JonJoseph

• Pip
  • 1 posts
For the past few days, my computer has been crashing when i play certain games (note my friends have the same games as me and they have no problem with it). The screen just freezes up and i have to manually shut it down. Then i get problems restarting it up, but if i leave it for a while it will startup with a diskchk and 2/3 times (its crashed 3 times so far) theres always something about a corrupt file being deleted and something about indexes, then it runs fine, until the next crash. Im quite sure its not a virus cause ive scanned my computer clean and im quite a cautious person.

In addition when going thru the event viewer, i noticed this pops up around every crash. "Event filter with query "SELECT * FROM __InstanceModificationEvent WITHIN 60 WHERE TargetInstance ISA "Win32_Processor" AND TargetInstance.LoadPercentage > 99" could not be reactivated in namespace "//./root/CIMV2" because of error 0x80041003. Events cannot be delivered through this filter until the problem is corrected."

My specs are:
Windows Vista Home Premium
Nvidia 9600gs (756mb i think)
Intel Quad Core Q8300 @ 2.50 GHz
3GB Ram.

-Thx, any help would kindly be appreciated.

Edited by JonJoseph, 02 October 2009 - 03:58 AM.

Advertisements