Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Vista won't accept vista drivers... or the other way around?

• Please log in to reply

David Firestorm

David Firestorm

• Pip
  • 8 posts
The title pretty much covers my problem. Everytime I try to install a few sharp drivers that are for vista after the setup starts running it stops and says I have an unsupported OS and lists the supported OS's. Among these OS's you can find Vista. To see the pop-up dialog refer to the pic. Thanks for any and all the help.

Posted Image

Advertisements

jacobt

jacobt

• PipPip
  • 80 posts
I suspect that what the error message isn't telling you is that the drivers you are trying to install are for 32-bit Windows and you are running 64-bit (or vise versa). I've had luck installing some 32-bit drivers in 64-bit Windows in a pinch utilizing "Compatibility Mode". Elsewise, if the drivers are just poorly coded, you could check the Sharp website for a newer driver.

I hope this helps.

The title pretty much covers my problem. Everytime I try to install a few sharp drivers that are for vista after the setup starts running it stops and says I have an unsupported OS and lists the supported OS's. Among these OS's you can find Vista. To see the pop-up dialog refer to the pic. Thanks for any and all the help.

Posted Image